Maguire, Pearce & Storey, PLLC, is a law firm based in Phoenix, Arizona. We provide legal and consulting services related to all aspects of real estate development and land use management including the entitlement, use, management, and conservation of water, with particular emphasis on:
- water rights and management
- environmental permitting and regulation
- administrative and public utilities law
- development of master-planned communities, mixed-use, commercial and industrial projects, and urban redevelopment
- public/private real estate transactions
- infrastructure finance and development agreements
Our clients include international corporations with water and land use interests, national real estate developers and investors, public and private water providers, irrigation districts, and conservation organizations.
We are recognized for our unique legal and administrative experience in the private and public sectors and specialized expertise. We consistently meet or exceed client needs and expectations for service, quality of work, and, most importantly, the addition of value. We have invested in human resources and technology to facilitate our handling of complex transactions.
- Mike Pearce will co-chair CLE International’s 20th Anniversary Law of the Colorado River Conference titled, Learning from Our History & Planning for the Future, to be held March 1-2, 2018 at the Hilton El Conquistador in Tucson, Arizona.
- Mike Pearce co-chaired CLE International’s 5th Anniversary Colorado River Conference, All Points of View on Law & Policy in Arizona, on October 10, 2017 at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas. Rita Maguire participated in a panel discussion on, “It is 2045 – What Does the Colorado River Look Like Today?”
- Mike Pearce served as co-chair of CLE International’s 19th Annual National Law of the Colorado River Conference, Law & Policy in the Seven States & International Basin, held June 22-23, 2017 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
- Rita Maguire was a panelist at Stanford University’s Rural West Conference in Santa Fe, NM on March 23-25, 2017.
- Rita Maguire moderated a discussion on Conjunctive Management: Policy Options for Resolving Tensions between Conjunctive Management of Tribal Water and States with Separate Ground and Surface Water Regimes at Law Seminars International’s Fourth Annual Comprehensive Conference on Tribal Water in Arizona being held on February 9 & 10, 2017 at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort.
- Mike Pearce co-chaired CLE International’s 4th Annual Colorado River Conference, Drought, Shortage & Sustainability in Arizona, on October 5, 2016 at the Hilton Scottsdale.
- Rita Maguire wrote an op-ed article titled, “Bottled-water production is efficient use of resource,” that was published in the Arizona Republic on June 1, 2016. Read it here.
- Rita Maguire has been awarded the Michael J. Brophy Distinguished Service Award by the Environmental and Natural Resource Law Section (ENRLS) of the Arizona State Bar. The Michael J. Brophy award is awarded to a lawyer who exemplifies the qualities of commitment of service to the environmental and natural resources law profession and the community.
Professional Awards & Recognition
- Lesa Storey has been selected by her peers for inclusion in the 24th edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law in 2018.
- Maguire, Pearce & Storey, PLLC has received rankings in the 2018 edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in the categories of Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, Real Estate Law, and Water Law.
- Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey are recognized as 2015 leaders in their fields by Chambers USA.
- Congratulations to Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey on being selected as 2015 Southwest Super Lawyers. No more than five percent of the attorneys in Arizona and New Mexico are named to the list.
- Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey have received AV-Preeminent Lawyer ratings by Martindale-Hubbell.