Maguire, Pearce & Storey, PLLC, is a law firm based in Phoenix, Arizona. We provide legal and consulting services related to all aspects of real estate development and land use management including the entitlement, use, management, and conservation of water, with particular emphasis on:
- water rights and management
- environmental permitting and regulation
- administrative and public utilities law
- development of master-planned communities, mixed-use, commercial and industrial projects, and urban redevelopment
- public/private real estate transactions
- infrastructure finance and development agreements
Our clients include international corporations with water and land use interests, national real estate developers and investors, public and private water providers, irrigation districts, and conservation organizations.
We are recognized for our unique legal and administrative experience in the private and public sectors and specialized expertise. We consistently meet or exceed client needs and expectations for service, quality of work, and, most importantly, the addition of value. We have invested in human resources and technology to facilitate our handling of complex transactions.
- Mike Pearce will present an update on “Legislation, Regulation and Case Law” at the National Business Institute seminar on Water Rights in Arizona on August 12, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport.
- Rita Maguire was a guest on “Rosie on the House” on Saturday, August 8, 2015 during the 9:00 a.m. hour. Listen to the podcast here (scroll down to the 9:00 a.m. hour). See also, Rosie on the House: Saving water will help prevent future rationing.
- Rita Maguire was interviewed by Will Stone for an article published July 15, 2015 by KJZZ 91.5 titled, In Times Of Drought, Well Drillers In High Demand Across Arizona.
- Rita Maguire co-chaired LSI’s Hydrology for Lawyers Conference on May 11, 2015 at the We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center in Scottsdale. Mike Pearce also spoke at the event.
- Mike Pearce was co-chair of CLE International’s 17th Annual Conference on the Law of the Colorado River at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, April 30-May 1, 2015.
- Rita Maguire was a guest on KJZZ’s Here and Now on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 discussing the impact of California’s water shortage on Arizona. Listen to the podcast here: http://kjzz.org/content/127072/what-impact-californias-water-shortage-has-arizona.
Professional Awards & Recognition
- Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey are recognized as 2015 leaders in their fields by Chambers USA.
- Congratulations to Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey on being selected as 2015 Southwest Super Lawyers. No more than five percent of the attorneys in Arizona and New Mexico are named to the list.
- Rita Maguire, Mike Pearce, and Lesa Storey have received AV-Preeminent Lawyer ratings by Martindale-Hubbell.